A Spacious Promenade View room on the Independence of the Seas is the same amount of space as two promenade rooms and sleeps up to six people comfortably.
The room was located on deck 7. It was a reasonable distance from the aft elevators & stairs. To the right of the room was a crew stairwell. To the left, another Promenade View room.
We were across from the Promenade Cafe. Just off to the right was the entertainer's stage. We were able to watch some of the parades and bands with a great view! One night they even waved right to us.
- A large walk-in-closet. It was so large that we were able to put the pack n play in there for our almost-two year old son to sleep. We also used the drawers and shelves for our clothes.
- Bunk beds in their own enclave. The bunk space had a curtain for privacy, a cabinet for clothing storage, and a small side-table. This small area was located just to the left when you walk in the door. There is enough space to stand in there and move about a little. I frequently used it as a changing area when the family had our windows wide open.
- Three sofa spaces. Two of which were in the bow windows overlooking the promenade, and the third was across from the bed on the opposite wall. This made for a great room to hang out during kid's naps.
- Storage space galore! In addition to the walk in closet there was the small cabinet in the bunk room, a large cabinet next to the third sofa, and small cabinet/drawer set between the third sofa and one of the window-seat sofas. A bed table on either side of the main bed had a small drawer and open storage space below. Plus some storage under the desk and on either side of the mirror.
- Full-sized bathtub and shower. The bathroom was also a tad bit larger than a standard cruise ship bathroom. Both my kids fit in the tub at the same time with plenty of extra room.
- Large curtain that divides the bed area from the living area. We were able to close off a section of the room in the day to allow for one person to sleep and another to watch TV (it swiveled to face either the bed or third sofa).